Changes in Matter
· Define and differentiate solids, liquids, and gases in terms of shape and volume.
· Compare the particle motion in solids, liquids, and gases.
· Define the relationship between volume and pressure of gas and state Boyle's law.
· Define the relationship between pressure and temperature of a gas. Define the relationship between volume and the temperature of a gas and state Charles's law.
· Describe the differences between physical and chemical changes. Explain how energy is involved in changes of matter.
· Describe a change of state.
· Define chemical reactions and explain ways that energy can change in chemical reactions.
Power Point Presentations:
Solids, Liquids and Gases (crystalline, Amorphous, viscosity)
Behavior of Gases (volume, temperature, pressure, Boyle’s Law, Charle’s Law)
Graphing Gas Behavior
Physical and Chemical Changes(Energy change, melting, freezing, vaporization, boiling point, air pressure, condensation, sublimation, chemical changes, physical changes)