Electric Charges and Current
· Describe the interaction of like and unlike charges.
· Define and describe static electricity and state how it differs from current.
· Describe lightening and other forms of static discharge.
· Explain what causes the flow of electricity.
· Describe the relationship between voltage and the flow of electric current.
· Define resistance and state how it affects the flow of current.
· Calculate resistance using Ohm’s law.
· Describe and construct both a series circuit and a parallel circuit.
· Identify the safety devices used to protect people from common electrical hazards.
· Describe how a lightening rod protects a building.
· Explain how the severity of an electric shock is related to current, voltage and resistance.
· Types of electric charges
· Interaction between charges
· Electric Fields
· Static Charge
· Static Discharge
· Detecting Charge
· Electrical Potential
· Voltage sources
· Ohm’s Law
· Series Circuits
· Parallel Circuits
· Household Circuits
· Becoming part of a circuit
· Fuses and Circuit Breakers
· Electric Shocks
Making a flashlight
Using a Van der Graaf
Making Lemon Batteries
Build your own circuit: