· Describe the relationship between electronics and electricity.
· Define and compare analog and digital signals.
· Explain what semiconductors do in solid-state devices and identify the components of these devices.
· Define electromagnetic waves and state how they are used to transmit information.
· Describe how telephones, televisions and radios transmit and receive signals.
· Explain how a computer stores and processes information.
· Identify and describe the components of computer hardware and tell how computer software is related.
· Describe how a computer network works and state some advantages.
· Explain how the Internet is a type of computer network.
· Identify the aspects of responsible computer usage.
· Electricity versus electronics
· Electronic signals
· Solid-State components
· Past and Future electronics
· Electromagnetic Waves
· What is a computer?
· Computer Memory
· Computer Hardware
· Memory Devices
· Computer Software
· Computer Programming
· Computers at work
· Computer Networks
· The Internet
· World Wide Web
· Using computers safely
· Intellectual Property
Build your own computer online
Power Point Presentations:
How much electricity does you electronic use?
How do engines work?