Here are the books we will be using.LIFE
- We do have classroom pets. This year, in addition to our mouse "Gwenevere." We now have a pair of Hissing Cockroaches. Click on Madascar Hissing Cockroaches for more information on our roaches.
- The Science Club will be meeting soon to start up our new year.
Link to Science Inquiry Skills The skills of every scientist, inquiring minds want to know.WEBSITE LINKS:
- We work on different projects throughout the year. Ask your child what they are working on at different points of the year.
- Link to Cell Website A fun interactive site.
- Link to Bacteria Classification Check out the natural history section.
- Classification Vertebrates, invertebrates, lots of good stuff.
- Microbes The wonderful world of invisible organisms.
- Genetic diseases - ALD (Lorenzo's Oil - this is a film to see!) go to http://www.myelin.org/overview.htm for more information on this disease.
- Natural Resources of PA Discover the wonders of our beautiful state.
- All about Plants Info and activities to try.
- Info from the USDA about Plants Extensive database on plants.
- Butterflies for links to butterfly websites.
More sites of interest include:
- Virtual Dissection Dissect a frog online!
- Pig Dissection Now try a pig!
- More Dissections See pics of dissection, take a quiz.
- Wetlands Learn about the importance of our wetlands.
- Wetlands Quiz How much do you know??
- Chesapeake Bay Watershed Its importance to us in PA, and in Steelton.
- Mitosis in Onion Tips Activity to help understand mitosis.
- Bugs - Pests or Not?? Very fun interactive site on Insects.
- Rainforests Learn all about the rainforests.