Here are a list of websites for each subject to explore:
- Story place: http://www.storyplace.org/
- This website allows you to choose from 15 story themes to read along to. There are also activities and songs.
- Storyline Online: https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Hear stories from your favorite famous actors! Enrich your vocabulary skills.
- ABCya!: https://www.abcya.com/
- Play games focused on enhancing reading comprehension, and early literacy.
- Fun Brain: https://www.funbrain.com/math-zone
- Answer math problems while playing games with exciting themes.
- Prodigy: https://www.prodigygame.com/
- Increase math skills by playing in an alternate universe.
- Sumdog: https://pages.sumdog.com/
- Practice learning numbers and counting.
- This game also has units on reading and spelling.
Spelling and Sight words:
- Education.com: https://www.education.com/games/first-grade/sight-words/
- Play games while finding and spelling sight words.
- Master spelling three – five letter words.
- National Geographic Kids: https://kids.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/
- As a class we have been enjoying learning about living versus nonliving things. This website will guide you through an exploration of animal eating habits, fun facts, and geographic locations.
- Turaco Games: https://www.turacogames.com/games/living-non-living/
- Practice identifying living and nonliving things. This website also offers math, reading, and other science activities.
- These videos will show African Americans throughout history, their struggles, and accomplishments.
- Crash Course Kids: https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcoursekids
- In class we try to watch one of these videos a week. You pick the topic and crash course kids will give you all you need to know.