U.S. History & Reading Edge
Welcome to Steel-High 8th Grade U.S. History! This is my 2nd full year teaching. Before becoming a teacher, I was a bookseller, adventurer, mad scientist, amateur philologist, writer of rhymes, and closet musician--though not necessarily in that order. Ask me about my All in One Minute, All-in-One, Minute Museum.
Here is a preview of the year to come in our history class:
- Unit 1: How to be a History Student (a.k.a. How to Make History)
- Unit 2: Making History Personal
- Unit 3: Worst-Case Scenario Survival: Getting Out Alive
- Unit 4: Making a Living vs. Making a Killing: Rich and Poor in America
- Unit 5: Red, White, and Blue in Black and White: Race in America
- Unit 6: American Freedom: More Than Bald Eagles and Flags
- Unit 7: American Government: Who's in Charge Here?
- Unit 8: Settlement vs. Conquest: What Happened to the First Americans?
- Unit 9: Black History and the Making of America
- Unit 10: A Nation of Immigrants
- Unit 11: Women in U.S. History
- Unit 12: American Culture: Pop-Tarts, Cowboys, and All That Jazz
- Unit 13: Made in America: Inventors Make History
- Unit 14: What's Next? Making History in the Future
**Subject to change based on the needs of the students.